Applications will be accepted March 9, 2015 – April 30, 2015.
La Cañada Unified School District (LCUSD) will be considering inter district permits for the 2015-2016 school year for residents of the City of La Cañada whose school district of residence is Glendale Unified School District (area known as Sagebrush). Students will be considered for placement only if there is room within their grade level after registration of students who are residents of La Cañada Unified School District. Upon approval of the LCUSD permit, parents will be required to obtain a release from Glendale Unified School District (GUSD). (click here for a link to the required application.)
Permits will be approved in accordance with priorities established in the La Cañada Unified School District Policies and Administrative Regulations. Priority categories are as follows:
1. Full-time LCUSD employees.
2. Siblings of continuing permit students already enrolled in LCUSD.
3. Students of part-time LCUSD employees.
4. Residents of the western part of the City of La Canada whose district of residence is GUSD (Sagebrush). (Ranked via a lottery).
5. Out of district students whose parents physically work within the LCUSD school boundaries (Allen Bill). (Ranked via a lottery).
6. Students applying under Open Enrollment (Romero Act). (Ranked via a lottery).
March 9, 2015: Begin acceptance of applications.
April 30, 2015: Application Deadline. Applications will NOT be accepted after April 30, 2015.
August 2015: Families will be notified as soon as possible but notifications could be delivered as late as the first week of August.
For more information, click here.